Wednesday 25 February 2009

TWO WEEKS? Blimey

It's been a mad time since my last update - I'm not sure how the FAs took so much work to organise, but it was an absolute bloody nightmare this season.

I think being in a half-empty world that suddenly doubled in numbers brought a lot of organisational challenges - making sure the AI Limit exceeders weren't promoted, that new guys were properly looked after... and don't even start me on the UFFA allocations.

StJohn is still going very well - the community has always been strong and is getting even better. We've just appointed all our new Organisers, so no more ballache there for me! They've got straight to work in appointing a lot more journalists, and even doing some manager interviews - all great stuff, and I'm very proud to be a StJohnist.

The Blades came in 3rd in the end in the FA, guaranteeing a Premiership place. I've made a decent start in the top league, looking safe for my usual mid-table finish. Gary Glen has emerged as a starting striker, but with that Darius Henderson disappeared, so he's being auctioned off as we speak. Also leaving is 33 year old, £10k daily earner Gresko, with Aaritalo moving to left wing.

The big talk has been the exchange deal that saw Zat Knight and £200K leave the club, with one slightly used Nikola Zigic coming in - Zigic got 2 on his debut, so hopefully that will quieten the posher fans moaning about a lack of goals!

The changeover to the new income system happens tonight, and the Beautiful Downtown New Bramall Lane is just about ready to go. I'm some way short of required capacity, but my second new stand - a 3-tier Mercantile II - is on it's way. I think it's important to balance the rewards gained from seating all the fans possible with the amount of expense involved...

No comments: