Monday 25 February 2008

Off-season

Our 21 day season has finished now, so we've got a week off to frantically rebuild our sides and try out new tactics in preparation for season 4. I've struggled for goals over the past season - too much focus on being tight at the back, not enough going forward. I've ditched the 4-5-1/4-3-3 style tactic, and gone for a more offensive 4-3-1-2, used to great effect by some of the top sides.

That means trying to ship out one of my wingers, Dudu, who's on £16k a day so that I can afford to keep my new £29k a day striker - no spoilers here if I say it's Nicklas Bendtner who'll be alongside Briand for me now. These two young hotshots are both good all-rounders and should give me plenty of options up front.

The signing of Bendy, as I've taken to calling him as I can never remember how to spell his name, has pushed my wages to £276k a day - which means an excess wage tax of £26k, for being over the £250k limit. A recent plummet in the rankings has seen my daily income drop to £209k - plus £2k interest and the £20k fed daily income; still a big loss. Dudu must go.

Sold one of my (regen) kids, another winger, this morning for £100k and 10% of any future fee - not bad for a 16 year old, but that's 2 days debt at the moment...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Briand...is that my long-lost Jimmy Briand? Hehe...

N.R. McLaren said...

Of course ;)

Unknown said...

no match for my jozy and kerzhakov strike force