Tuesday 12 February 2008

Rocking the Boat

I was going through the table for this season's GW4 Daytime Football Association Premiership - we're mostly a little over halfway, and I thought it would be cool to come up with some predictions for who will finish in which position.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It came out quite nicely; I'm predicted 5th based on my points/game ratio, a repeat of last season's performance despite selling by far my best player in Sergio Agüero.

However, since selling Agüero, and replacing him with three terrific players thereby strengthening my whole team, things have been a bit hit and miss. I added in three more star youth players for big money today - and just as I should've been at my best, it all fell apart.

I've completely destroyed the harmony - rocked the boat too much. It's going to take time to settle - and settle it will - but in the mean time, it doesn't make my 7-0 exit to FC Lake Zurich in the UFFA World Youth Cup or the 2-1 DFA Premiership home defeat to surprise strugglers Denton City any less painful. But I will be back... after some non-ranked friendlies first...

No comments: