Thursday 29 May 2008

12 Blades, and nervous times...

Nicky Law finally took me to having enough Blades for a team and a sub, so my participation in the DFA Reserve League finally got under way with a 3-3 draw against Melih's excellent side. Well, his seniors are excellent, his reserves are clearly around the same standard as Sheffield United!

Apart from that, it's been a successful start to the season, in terms of admin - our new federation organisers all did a very good job and there were very few hiccups with the start of the season. Well, I've not had many complaints yet... Anyway, well done all!

The Blades are yet to make their competitive debut this season, but after a hectic pre-season I'm hoping that the extra fitness will see me make a better impact early on. I've risen to 38th in the rankings, so all should be going well... More soon!

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, I've been snowed under both at work and at home - a quick shout out anyway to all the mods in whichever two GWs haven't yet been able to start. The poor sods have been in them for over a week with no users to moderate or teams to manage! I'm sure you'll get your chance when the time comes...

No comments: