Wednesday 25 June 2008

3-6-1 and apologies

The 3-6-1 tactics is working pretty well - with new signing Jack Rodwell shoring up the defence pretty well, it's proving hard for teams to break down, while still allowing me to get enough bodies forward to join in in attack. I still need more tweaks, and I'm undecided as to whether I should play Bigalke or Hofs in right central midfield, but I'm now unbeaten in 11 days.

Unfortunately, I've only played 13 games in that time - with so many guys inviting friends/family/themselves into the beta, there's been a lot of moderating to do.

It's been nice to see all the new guys and get to know them - some are doing very well indeed. One guy managed to get to 44th in the rankings in two days - I managed to squeak a 2-1 win over him, but it wasn't easy by any means.

It's been nice getting the helpful mod shoes back on as well, doing what the job is all about. Unfortunately, a lot of new guys haven't read the rules, and have been a wee bit naughty in the transfer market. Some of these I'm sure are multiple accounts held by the same person, but the majority are just people who want to help out their friend/brother/housemate/dad/cat by selling them a spare player on the cheap.

Part of me thinks that isn't so bad, but again - it's against the rules, as it undermines the transfer market. And where do we draw the line? It's a toughie, but in the end we have to clamp down. It proves that the new transfer system Ov has been discussing on the beta forum can't come soon enough. If we put an end to sub-acquisition fee private transfers at code level, I wouldn't have to have spent all of the past two days online chasing these deals. And that's why we've not had more blog updates ;)

1 comment:

Zutcorp FC said...

I was wondering if you could give some more hints on how you have built your 3-6-1 and what i demends of your players. ive been trying with little luck...

thanks