Sunday 1 June 2008

Hero Howard Sends Blades Through

Mr. Corleone 0
Frecheville Blades 1

(Agg 1-1, Pens 4-5)

Tim Howard produced a wonderful save from Spinelli's penalty to send the Blades marching on to the Final of The Benchwarmers Challenge Cup.

Tim Borowski had scored in the 30th minute of normal time to level the tie after Luca Fusco's side had won the first leg 1-0.

Presumably I'll bottle this final like I bottle all the others, though having overcome the world 22nd rank I go into the final against Richard "Richie Villa" Birchall's exceptional Erdington Villans with a little more confidence... Richie's only 26th, after all... Eek!

On another note...
My penalty shootout victory against Italian manager Luca Fusco's exceptional Mr. Corleone was my first ever penalty shootout win and so has unlocked the 'Nerves of Steel' achievement!

No comments: