Monday 2 June 2008

Blades in Cup Triumph (sort of)

The powerful Frecheville Blades have won the Off-Season Keep-Fit Tournament Winners - Losers - For Fun after their 4-1 win over English manager Chris "The Darkcloud" Haggan's powerful Just Lost My Court Case in the Final.

Woo for the Blades! Admittedly it is the final of a cup for people that had been knocked out of the main Off-Season Keep-Fit Tournament cup, so I guess I effectively came 9th actually, but hey - a cup win is a cup win!

And good practice for the other cup final that I'm in too surely - though a tough draw saw me crash out of this season's DFA Trophy in the 1st round, after making the final last season! It was a proper blood-and-thunder cup tie though, I was all out 2-5-3 for much of it, before losing 2-1; my AI had already lost the first leg 3-1, so goals were needed, and the guy's narrow formation lent itself to me having a good go. I had most of the chances, but didn't make them count... Well done Atila!

No comments: